Sunday, April 09, 2006

Friendship

When we say "I have a lot of friends", what exactly is it that we mean?? How do we define the term "friend" ? Is it that generic a term to be used so liberally?

A friend is someone who always has atleast some time for you, who is patient enough to listen to the most trivial of things you'd have to say. Proximity is, so not an indicator or cause of friendship. And I guess neither is the frequency of conversations. Some of my best friends are the ones I don't speak to all that often & yet when I do, the experience is as fulfilling as if we were speaking every single day. A friend is someone whom you can uninhibitedly talk to, without the fear of being judged. And most importantly, friendship like trust & respect has to be mutual.

We spend our entire life making acquaintances and tragically, so little time finding friends among them.

No comments: